Thursday, February 2, 2012

Career Day at St. Rose of Lima, N. Syracuse, NY

Yesterday we had a great time at career day at St. Rose of Lima in N. Syracuse. We were the hit of career day! :) All the kids learned about being a DJ, looked up their favorite songs and learned how to mix them in.
Top 3 most requested Career Day songs:
1. Taio Cruz - Dynamite
2. LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem
3. Selena Gomez - Love You Like a Love Song

Truthfully, the #1 request was LMFAO - Sexy and I know it, but I had to turn them down on that one (not so appropriate) :( . Thankfully, the music service we subscribe to provides nothing but clean edits without any swearing, since most of the events we do are family friendly.

My wife and I shared a table. She's a Realtor with Keller Williams (her website), and she taught the kids all about buying and selling houses. If it was a popularity contest, I'd have won hands down! Either way, it was a lot of fun! I even met some great folks with NAVAC who have an upcoming banquet and I made sure to tell them about my service personnel discount. It's $50 off any event or $75 off a wedding for any Firefighter, Police, EMS, or Members of the Military. I think it's important to give back in any little way we can, as I tell my son, these are the real life super-heroes of society.

A big THANKS to St. Rose of Lima for having us, and also thanks for the great lunch they provided. Totally unnecessary, but very much appreciated! :)

Also a big thanks to Isabella in 4th grade for this awesome picture!

-Kirk
CNY Select DJs 

No comments:

Post a Comment