Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Fun Fall-time Wedding in the Mohawk Valley

This past Saturday, September 29th 2012, I had to pleasure of providing DJ services for the wedding reception of Brittany and Kasey Williams. The reception was held in the Ballroom of the Twin Ponds Country Club, in New York Mills, NY. I love working in this area. It's nestled in the  Mohawk Valley, near Utica, Rome, New Hartford, Hamilton, etc. And being at the foothills of the Adirondacks, the foliage this time of year is beautiful.

Brittany and Kasey had around 200 guests, a great crowd of fun people! Their wedding party consisted of 16 of their closest friends and family. To personalize things, each couple did their grand entrance in a hilarious different way. In our Planning meeting, we went over the room layout and where I'd be lining everyone up for introductions, having the large sliding partition closed between the main dining room and the cocktail lounge for introductions would be imperative to making it work, or the surprise would be lost completely. Sometimes banquet managers don't like to go outside of the cookie-cutter way they do weddings all year long. I had an opportunity to play advocate for Brittany and Kasey. Sometimes, clients hire me because I don't do things cookie-cutter. Their day being executed as they planned is my only goal, and it's not about me whatsoever. In the end, I was able to convince the management, and I closed the partition. Everyone in the wedding party made a hilarious, once in a lifetime entrance that will be remembered forever. One of my favorite grand introductions of the year!

After dinner, the dance-floor was PACKED and stayed PACKED all night long. I played a very eclectic mix, always bringing it back to Brittany and Kasey's favorites. It's especially fun when as a DJ, I can play a song that everyone may have forgot about, but everyone loves!


The top 3 dance hits of the night that caught everyone off guard were: 
  1. Kenny Loggins - Footloose
  2. Hall & Oates - You Make my Dreams Come True
  3. Elvis - Jailhouse Rock


I also had the pleasure of working with a photographer I've never worked with before, Alan from AJ's Photography in New Hartford, NY. Alan was a complete professional, and after seeing some of his shots, I'd highly recommend him to anyone. 

It was an honor to work with Brittany and Kasey! Thanks for letting me be a part of your big day!

-Kirk Rothrum
Select Receptions

No comments:

Post a Comment