Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Romantic, Funny Love Story at Traditions at the Links, East Syracuse, NY


This past Saturday, September 15, 2012, I had the absolute pleasure of providing services for the wedding of Stephanie and Michael Schellinger. Their wedding reception was held at Traditions at the Links in East Syracuse. If you're looking for a beautiful venue with a staff that is second to none, you should definitely consider Traditions at the Links. Both ballrooms are beautiful, and the banquet managers Gerry and Kim are very professional.

Stephanie and Mike are one of my favorite couples ever!
We had a planning meeting at Panera Bread on Erie Blvd. and immediately hit it off. 

During the meeting I learned a lot about them. I'll often ask couples how they met, and Stephanie and Mike's love story had all the makings of a hit introduction. It was funny, romantic, and inspired me to do the absolute best job I could for them. Here was a couple, floating on air in love.

During introductions I gave a brief back-story to Stephanie and Mike's courtship before introducing them into the room for the first time to resounding cheers. So many guests came up during and after the reception to thank me, and say how much they appreciated that back-story. Wedding guests all know why the are there, but they don't always know what specifically brought the couple to this day. Sometimes that love story, as was the case with Stephanie and Michael, is share-worthy indeed.

The rest of the reception was a great party, with a packed dancefloor! Stephanie's dance with her father was especially moving for me. Watching her mother proudly stare onto the dancefloor as they shared this time together... It's a moment I think they'll cherish forever.

Thanks for letting me be a part of your big day guys!

-Kirk Rothrum
Select Receptions
CNY Select DJs

No comments:

Post a Comment